- Cancer is the #1 disease killer of children in the U.S. and Canada
- Worldwide 160,000 kids are diagnosed with cancer each year
- Every 3½ minutes a child is diagnosed with cancer
- One in five children diagnosed with cancer will not survive
- Two thirds of childhood cancer patients will have a long lasting chronic condition from the very treatment that helped save their lives
Pictured above are my nieces Kailyne & Gabrielle & I on the 4th of July of 2010. The are both healthy on the inside and out. Their beautiful smiles and open hearts melt my heart every time. They live about 1,000 miles away from me in Lawton, OK. Since they live so far away, we don't get to play together very often... but I am so happy they are healthy & can to do whatever it is they dream of. Kailyne, 6 years old, is growing her gorgeous blonde hair out right now to donate to Locks of Love. Gabrielle actually has a friend in kindergarden that is fighting cancer.