2.23.2011

Fundraising Day 1

A few of the employees put their hard earned tips into the bowl today. Money they could have used to pay their mortgage, buy groceries, or clothe their kids.

WHY did they donate? They are already going to volunteer their time & shave heads & put in extensions for the event. Isn’t that enough? Why did they also give up their hard earned money? I think they did it because that bowl looked pretty empty at first. Because they wanted be supportive and to raise money for children's cancer research. I think they did it because they are generous at heart and love to give. I can’t help but love them for it. And I can't help but thank God for having His hand on my co-workers and this fundraiser.

 I am so thankful to work with so many kind hearted, go-with-the-flow people. Working is a salon, like any job, can be stressful. We make 100% commission, so if there are no clients... there is no money. I know that University Hair Stylists started out as & is still a family business. There is something very special about working with people that have a history with each other. Although there are a few of us that don't share in that familial tie, I can honestly say that I feel at home in that salon.


Today I went into work at noon. Right once I got there we put up a sign & put out a jar to start collecting money in... Between 12 & 9 we, as a salon, raised 25 dollars! I think this is great start... a team of stylists working together for a greater cause. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment